KayakFish

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

KayakFish
KayakFish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update Strand

+2
The Fishin' Magician
Sean Wethmar
6 posters

Go down

Update Strand Empty Re: Update Strand

Post by Johnny Stander Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:27 pm

how is the Strand looking today dudes????
Johnny Stander
Johnny Stander

Manna : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fishin' Magician Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Lekker man... In the few times i have fished bullshoek i have always had good success... the deep water drop offs and reed beds always produced the goods.

As for standing on the kayak... very do-able. Just takes some practice, but with your new quiet approach do our really need to stand to increase your strikes.....
The Fishin' Magician
The Fishin' Magician

Manna : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:30 am

Dont know bullshoek?

Still want to do Clanwilliam - going to see a client there within the next month, so going to make a weekend out of it and pull out some lunkers while im there.... (No reason not add the positive affirmations about that...)

Have some nice articles of the dam in old fish mags of past, will then review them and fine some nice spots.

Always wanted to try out clanwilliam dam and thats my opportunity...

Will first rig the yak out properly for basss fishing with all the lure pockets etc, makes life alot easier im guessing, as scratching around in a tackle boxe is just too noisy, cumbersome and impractical.

Another idea i saw on youtube once that looks awesome is side stabilisers which gives you the option to stand on the yak - a super idea for bass fishing - since standing helps strike better...

Douglas

Manna : 2

http://www.allcommsa.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fishin' Magician Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:21 am

done any bass fishing out Bullshoek/Clanwilliam way lately?
The Fishin' Magician
The Fishin' Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 am

Im not sure where sitari is...

The dam im talking about is in Faure.

You drive from kuilsriver to somerset west - just before somerset west is the olive estate on your right hand side. Just before that is the robots and on the right hand side of those robots is a recycling plant / place of some sort. there you would turn left (note, turn left coming from Kuilsriver side), once you have turned left you will notice what used to be a petrol station, and a some other shops including dixons security (not sure whether he has a board up but one o my clients, hence how i know of the dam), also i think a small hardware store and further down the road is trevvis upholstery. Drive past the old petrol station and keep left, you will then come to a dam.

This dam is not visible from the road so i assume few know of this dam since the area looks dodge as well.
In front of the dam is an open grass patch which is next to (old) faure engineering.

I will be going there sometime soon to check it out - first taking revenge on DK dam (doordekraal)

Douglas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fishin' Magician Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:43 am

Douglas wrote:
I know the dam on route to Somerset West coming from Kuilsriver, there by Faure, is also very well stocked with Carp, and apparently some large carp have been caught - the coloured folk have been saying - but wouldnt classify it the safest venue to leave your car unattended, fortunately you can see the vehicle from anywhere on the dam if you park at the entrance to the dam.

How do you get access to the dam... I presume we are talking about the one that is situated on what will be the new Sitari Estate?
The Fishin' Magician
The Fishin' Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:20 am

Im not sure of the one behind kuilsriver..

I know the dam on route to Somerset West coming from Kuilsriver, there by Faure, is also very well stocked with Carp, and apparently some large carp have been caught - the coloured folk have been saying - but wouldnt classify it the safest venue to leave your car unattended, fortunately you can see the vehicle from anywhere on the dam if you park at the entrance to the dam.

However since noone yet seems to know about Kuilsriver, give it a shot and let us know if it is worth it Wink

Douglas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fishin' Magician Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:34 am

Douglas wrote:Seems noone got the fishing on cry

Well, I chose the freshwater dam near Tygervalley, what a pleasure it was... (first actual fishing trip for my ski Great)

Sad to say no luck, what a challenge fishing bass on a ski when all you used to is larged size speed boats duh , kind of changes the picture.... ALOT!

If anyone else wants to sometime try some bass, carp or barbel (apparently there is barbel there too), im always willing to go....

Tight Lines all

Good to know... myself and Bulky were looking at fishing the dam at the back of Kuilsrivier...(the trout one) Do you know if it is worth investigating?
The Fishin' Magician
The Fishin' Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 am

cool Doug, not too worry, this blanking wont last long i'm sure, if you got them from another craft you will soon be catching way more on the stealth, get used to your new ski and then we'll put you into the fish. cheers
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Manna : 11

http://www.kayakfish.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Stander Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Hey Douglas

I live in Kleinbosch not far from you so when eva you need a buddy to yak with give me a shout......
Johnny Stander
Johnny Stander

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Seems noone got the fishing on cry

Well, I chose the freshwater dam near Tygervalley, what a pleasure it was... (first actual fishing trip for my ski Great)

Sad to say no luck, what a challenge fishing bass on a ski when all you used to is larged size speed boats duh , kind of changes the picture.... ALOT!

If anyone else wants to sometime try some bass, carp or barbel (apparently there is barbel there too), im always willing to go....

Tight Lines all

Douglas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Beaches are so packed you cant get parking let alone drive there or walk freely to the sea. Water is clear and conditions not looking good. I'm out.
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Stander Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:03 pm

What time do you guys go out and where???
Johnny Stander
Johnny Stander

Back to top Go down

Post by shafiek Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:30 pm

please let me know if the swell drops whoever is going,would love to join you thanx

shafiek

Manna : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by blakes Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Will be game on Thursday... Blakes beach looked really good this morning and sure some nice fishing will be had there during the next couple of days.

blakes

Manna : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fishin' Magician Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:15 am

Will see what time i get home and what the wife has in stall for me ...
The Fishin' Magician
The Fishin' Magician

Back to top Go down

Update Strand Empty Update Strand

Post by Sean Wethmar Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:03 am

Well it's been challenging few Weeks in general with the wind all over the place and odd fish coming out here and there but nothing fantastic! Hopefully in the coming weeks we see change as i personally am feeling a bit depressed without decent fish for a few Weeks now. Today the swell is up in Strand and weather also too good! Could maybe try for elf the evening.

Was at Breeded over new year, but just small stuff (kob). Saw many photos of amazing cataches up on the wall at the bush bub (kob of overy 50KG) some of them recent.

Melkbaai or if swells drops Blakes, anyone else keen?
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down