KayakFish

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

KayakFish
KayakFish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped"

+32
Donovan
Michael LANGEBAAN
grantjames
dirkels
Pieterdv
DSM
Francois1984
KNAT
newguy
GIJOE
cadex
David
blakes
Helgard Pienaar
Imraan
Merlin
Swordfish
FishingManiac
jpfish
Cracker man
Timm
Douglas
BulkCarrier
Wasievis
lush2010X
Johnny Stander
Founder
"Dave"
Clown
Shelfish
The Fishin' Magician
Sean Wethmar
36 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped" - Page 11 Empty Re: Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped"

Post by BulkCarrier Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:48 am

Pringle produced Saturday.

TFM and Cadex and me went out. Started catching panga's and maasbankers. Must say the panga is a new
species for me , but a lot of fun of light tackle.

As we were fishing we also started getting our quota of crays. We had so many after a while that we could
chose the big ones we want.

We moved and started catch hotties and barble ( New specie for me on the ski ). While there we started have
problem with getting knocks and not catching and something stealing our bait. I just thought is was small hotties.

Then I got seriously bent :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We got 6 different species of fish between the 3 of us. Greg also join later on and didn't have to throw nets. We
had quota of cray at that stage for everybody.

Was thinking it was a big hotties , but :

If you don't know what it is I am not going to mention the name. High illegal catch from a boat and it's closed
season at the moment. 39 cm in size. Went on to catch another 2 and our friend TFM also got one. All inbetween
the the hotties on the reef in 10 m water we were fishing.

We caught 6 species of fish on Saturday . Greg joined as later the morning and did even have to throw down nets.
We had quota in the boats for everybody already.
BulkCarrier
BulkCarrier

Manna : 4

Back to top Go down

Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped" - Page 11 Empty Re: Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped"

Post by Clown Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:05 pm

That looks like a pike conger,sliver eel latin name Muraenesox Bagio
Clown
Clown

Manna : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Awesome morning, conditions great at Strand, lost two huge Cob (cutoff and hook pulled) and landed three others biggest around 3kg.

This came out one of the cobs mouth whilst filiting, any idea what it is?

Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Manna : 11

http://www.kayakfish.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:02 am

Couple of nice Cob been coming out the past couple of days in Strand. Managed 2 around the 1.7-2Kg for the pot last night and also Geelbeck made an appearance along with one elf (both under size though). They seem dotted all over the place and have to work for them still. No maasbunker but funny enough part of the belly contents of the ones ive been catching lately so they are around.

swell still been up but hopefully will be dropping so we can get back into the thicker part of the reefs down harmony way.

Geese i cant wait to not have to worry about fresh bait when the baitfish are here. yahoo

Whats happend to the rest of you, seems nothing coming out anywhere else or you guys lazy to write fishslap

YAY its Friday!!! peace
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fishin' Magician Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 am

Any Recent activity... get anything last night.

Elf were biting down Macassar / Wolfgat way, but with the water temp at 24'C, I guess fishing was never really on the cards last night.
The Fishin' Magician
The Fishin' Magician

Manna : 9

Back to top Go down

Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped" - Page 11 Empty Weekend of the 8th Jan 2010

Post by Sean Wethmar Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:46 am

not very good Weekend again for fishing here is Strand, weather not playing ball and no one knows where the elf are??
I managed to get one nice Cob (2kg) whilst fishing STrand Reefs with Frankie.
Shelfish(Grant) managed to get nice size crays at his secret spot at Pringle ;-) check it out!

anone else have any luck?

Oh, from Calder:
was out at Pringle Bay this morning. Got Quota of cray pretty quickly with Rudolph managed 3 size cray in his first pull.
We Had fun with the Bream on light tackle while we were waiting but no great shakes.

For those that go back to work today like me, have an awesome 2010 chaps!! Great Cheers Sean
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:21 am

Sorry multi tasking doesnt work well above 3 things lol.

Sunday is better wind wise, but im fishing a comp on Sunday lol so i wont join you guys if you going on sunday.

Right now it came out better.

Douglas

Manna : 2

http://www.allcommsa.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 am

looking at the wind i think Sunday will be worse a better day than Saturday Wind Wise.
What Do you charge for your clinic btw?

Douglas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:57 am

Hey Doug,

No worries we all had to start somewhere, just be safe. I'm doing a one on one Clinic Sat or Sunday, looking like Sunday morning is better wind wise though so may see you on the water.
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped" - Page 11 Empty Saturday - 9th

Post by Timm Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:26 am

Douglas, seems that I may well join you all depending on weather, and if so, will be early.
Timm
Timm

http://imperialonline.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:25 am

haha im all in....

well we could make a day to voelvlei or clanwilliam when the winds howling - sure that could blow away hairs some dont scratch

however to the newbie outing, just shout and im in...

oh btw sean - seeing that your number is still on my yak for charters clinics etc.... - lol if you no longer get calls, you know why.... i might not be the best advert yet

i will prob be like shark and you will more than likely roll on floor laughi

anyways, im planning to be in strand on saturday, so if the newbie patrol is planning anything, il be more than willing to join..

Douglas

Back to top Go down

Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped" - Page 11 Empty Damn Fishing !

Post by Timm Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:22 am

This is for girls ! - just joking, does not blow my hair back(oops don't have any).
I think it's time to get a "newbie" outing organized, maybe we should start a new discussion room for the new guys, and only if the
oldies(to kayak fishing) promise not to laugh their asses off roll on floor laughi , will be permitted to come along.
Timm
Timm

http://imperialonline.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:54 am

Cool guys, well done Great . Cool to see even the Newbies helping one another, thats what its all about! Probably a great place for other new guys to get acustomed to thier new skis. Tim, maybe you should get in touch and join these chaps next session in the dam. Would like too myself if have the time.
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 pm

lol a good day it was....

Johnny first day at bass and drops a big one, lol sorry i was around the bend losing my own fish to witness it.

Haha, on a ski - stiff rod, braid and baitcaster seems to be the better combo lol, no chance then for not setting the hook...

But all in a good days fun no doubt, dam wind still hasnt went for a die down...

If all looks good - Friday going to be a big day / eve lol late day till late eve...

Douglas

Back to top Go down

Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped" - Page 11 Empty Gratitude

Post by Johnny Stander Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi Guys just want to say a big thanks to Douglas ... for a great day/evening today at DK dam and a first for me.... BASS although not big was properly 28-30 cm small but it was great...
THANKS AGAIN DOUGLAS
Johnny Stander
Johnny Stander

Manna : 10

Back to top Go down

Most Recent Catches "lips Ripped" - Page 11 Empty 26th Dec, fish 's Christmas Day it seemed!!!

Post by Wasievis Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:55 am

Wasievis
Wasievis

Manna : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:41 am

Saw Glen and Sean at Hangklip, we battled to get size & quota and no fish anywhere not even a nibble. Weather good, water good temp too.
Car for Sale, anyone interested!??? No crabs inside the vehicle , promise!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Meet GT [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
now meet Valerie (because Glen ended up locking his keys in the car and we ended up getting home after 10h00 that evening [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Is this Bulky perhaps?? good chance judging by the excellent weather and sea conditions in this pic below , ahem![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
....and finally a very frustrated Valerie, determined not to inconvenience anyone, attempting breaking in to his boot and eventually reaffirming his good choice in purchase for ultimate burglar proof hatch!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:14 am

The Fishin' Magician wrote:
Smellsabitfishy wrote:
Like to Keep it simple.

So simple that you threw your anchor away. Wink

can see some of you are looking for a pissing contest! (Not sure you guys want to even go there, probably best to not get exposed.But anyway!!enough is enough)

Let's do this,...."One Day Event - Stealth Team against Kaskazi Team".

Will start a new topic

Great
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BulkCarrier Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:51 am

Doesn't need to be bulky. Just need one piece of pool noodle on the end of your anchor line.
BulkCarrier
BulkCarrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:46 am

BulkCarrier wrote:You will learn. Put a float some place on you anchor line. 15 cm piece of pool noodle and you will never loose
an anchor again.

When we fish the kelp you need this as well to able to unclip to retrieve your line and then just clip
back into your float anchor/bungie.

I just need to be more carefull with the clips thats it!! What a Face
i dont like all the extra Paraphernalia lying about my deck like you have Bulky (floats pulleys extra cord etc etc), just more stuff to get hooked up on things,....

Like to Keep it simple.
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BulkCarrier Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:07 am

You will learn. Put a float some place on you anchor line. 15 cm piece of pool noodle and you will never loose
an anchor again.

shark Whipping

When we fish the kelp you need this as well to able to unclip to retrieve your line and then just clip
back into your float anchor/bungie.
BulkCarrier
BulkCarrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wethmar Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:03 am

1st outing / had anchor problems (got 5 tubes), this is what happend...........wind was too strong for 750Gram anchor, dragged way too fast, paddled back to beach eventually for 1.5KG. Then on moving from one spot to another (with 1.5kg anchor) one anchor clip unclipped from another when clips in my hand as i was pulling rope up and lost my anchor!!@&#$& (Lesson for all - be carefull using two clips into one another as you can accidently unclip them whilst hoisting anchor) so i had little fishing time, could not anchor of werner as we tried and both dragged.

2nd Outing / Had anchor problems (Got 5 tubes/ Grant 12), i was on the Supalite which caught way more wind than Grants Evo and it was blowing!!!! Dragged again, also spent a lot more time trying to find a bigger shoal. Also seemed to like Grants colours more (red / white/blue) whilst i was yellow and blue.

Happy Bulky / Froggy?

Last edited by Smellsabitfishy on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Sean Wethmar
Sean Wethmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fishin' Magician Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:43 am

no report on yesterday's fishing either...
The Fishin' Magician
The Fishin' Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by BulkCarrier Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 am

Sat :

Werner = 23
Sean = ?

Sun

Grant = 2
Sean = ?
BulkCarrier
BulkCarrier

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fishin' Magician Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:20 am

Seano... how many tubes did you get?
The Fishin' Magician
The Fishin' Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next